Introduction to MAT Exam 2018 Counselling:
- Score Card: MAT 2018 scores are widely accepted in almost all established institutions in India and are also accepted by some colleges abroad for MBA, PGDM etc.
- Score Card Validity: MAT exam 2018 Results will be valid only for MAT exam 2018 Counselling only.
- Ranking: All the colleges and MIS registered under AIMA are given rankings.
- Cutoff Marks: According to the position of the colleges, they are given percentile cutoffs to accept MAT qualified applicants.
- Counselling Details: After the result get declared MAT exam 2018 counselling date will be announced on the official website of AIMA.
- Counselling process: Students who have scored accordingly will be called for the initial rounds of counselling. They will be given the first preference in admission to the college and course of their choice. Subsequent rounds of counselling will be held always from the highest ranks in priority.
- College preference: During counselling, candidates have to choose a few colleges from their highest preference, out of which they will gain admission to either one, depending on the ranking and availability of seats.
- Last Round: The last rounds of counselling will help fill up the vacant seats in all institutions.
- NOTE: Besides MAT, some colleges may also have other entrance tests, group discussions, personal interviews or stress rounds to shortlist deserving candidates. Those seeking admission in any of these institutions will have to attend all the selection rounds, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- Check ranking: Those who have taken up the MAT 2018 must check their ranking.
- Counselling procedure: According to their rank, they must attend counselling on the date and time assigned to them.